I’m happy to share my recipe for perfect rice flour pancakes! An delicious, allergen friendly recipe that also happens to be budget friendly as these pancakes are much cheaper than nut flour based pancakes.
How has your summer been? Hopefully you have been enjoying some incredible summer weekends or vacation time. Sometimes it’s best when nothing is planned and the day is filled with endless potential.
I’ve been making the best of my summer and appreciating the little things. Unfortunately, my husband has had to deal with a bit of a leg condition that has prevented us from being as active as we normally would. That said, we are doing what we can.
A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to visit a farm with my parents and kids to pick our own strawberries. The sun was shining bright and my kids were all smiles. It was a special day having 3 generations working together to collect two sizeable baskets of precious, juicy, melt-in-your-mouth berries!
My kids came away from the experience with fresh berries and a new understanding of where their food comes from. They also saw first hand how much work it takes to pick just two baskets of berries.
When we got home it was washing and then eating time. I feasted upon two bowls within the first hour of being back home.
Strawberry pancakes seemed like the next logical thing to do. Pancake batter, succulent berries, butter and real maple syrup just scream to go together!
I used rice flour as the base for these pancakes and was surprised at how similar they turned out to wheat flour pancakes. I skipped sugar and used honey to sweeten the batter. The result was some totally delish pancakes. I regret not doubling or tripling this batch because my husband and kids devoured them like a pack of wolves.
Perfect Rice Flour Pancakes
Yield: 10 pancakes
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
- Combine the wet ingredients into a small bowl and mix well
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine well
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking fat prior to cooking each pancake
- Once hot, add 1/4 cup batter to the pan and let cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake and the underside is golden in colour, around 1 minute
- Flip and cook until cooked throughout. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Continue until all the batter is used
- Enjoy with all the fixings you love!
If you’re looking for a fun and delicious breakfast option this weekend you’re going to love this recipe! Enjoy.
8 thoughts on “Perfect Rice Flour Pancake Recipe”
I finally got onto your website and love it! Ted will be happy if I finally try to cook something…
See you in the hood –
Hey Allison! Thanks so much! You’ll have to try the pancakes-the kids fave for sure 😊
Just made these and they’re delicious! Thanks for posting 🙂
Thanks so much Jeni! Next time you’ll have to try them with dark chocolate. The are SO Good! 😊
I have made these 3 times now and they come out amazing each time!! wonderful recipe!!! 😀
Thank you for the feedback. So happy that you love the recipe!
Hi, can i use arrowroot flour for tapioca?
Sure, in a pinch I would use arrowroot!