I’m sure you’ve heard the saying you are what you eat. Agreed.
Don’t let “Healthy Eating” overwhelm you. It can be fun, simple and delicious.
Not only will you feel great eating healthy whole foods but your body will thank you. Fuel your body with the good stuff and reap the long-term rewards:
Say hello to:
- Improved overall health
- Lower blood pressure & cholesterol
- Improved mental clarity
- Glowing skin & silky hair
Say goodbye to:
- Bothersome ailments
- Bloating & water retention
- Increased risk of disease
I believe, a diet rich in whole foods is the key to health, long life & age defying power. In the door with antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients, out the door with feeling blah.
You may not feel healthy today but you can change how you feel tomorrow. It’s never too late to adapt a new outlook on eating healthy.
When I think about a healthy whole food diet, these points always come to mind:
- Fresh fruit and veggies. Lots and lots of veggies.
- Whole Grains
- Daily dose of healthy fats
- Focus on homemade. Leave pre-packaged foods at the store.
- Get your protein and fiber. Lean meat, eggs, nuts or lentils and beans. Whatever floats your boat!
- Don’t go crazy. Indulge in healthy treats a little. Balance is key.
- There is no need to be hungry. Eat as many veggies as it takes to fill you…keep adding the greens to that plate.
- Simplify and have fun. Embrace simple whole food recipes.
Simplify and have fun? Yes! Don’t let eating a healthy whole foods diet be a chore.
Find new simple recipes online, check out inspiring food blogs (and don’t forget to come back here!), Instagram pics or use tools like Evernote to help create an easy recipe index.
Whatever helps you have fun, increases your level of healthy eating and simplify your life is worth looking into.
In the spirit of simple, I’d like to share a simple whole food recipe for Honey-Paprika Chicken with Dill, Potatoes & Carrots.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, bone in
- 4 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 large onion
- 4-6 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (I used olive oil)
- 1/2 cup water
- Fresh cracked pepper & Herbamare (or sea salt) to taste
The steps are simple & rewarding:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Place all ingredients into a large dutch oven
- Mix ingredients. You want a nice coating of the liquid & spices over all the ingredients.
- Place lid onto the dutch oven. Place in oven and cook with lid on for 1 hour (or until veggies and chicken is cooked through out)
Honey-Paprika Chicken with Dill, Potatoes & Carrots is tasty, nutritious and simple. I call this type of meal a One Dish Wonder. It’s the perfect solution for a hectic week night meal. Toss ingredients in, cover, and cook! The meal comes out ready to hit the table.
High in protein, full of Vitamin A (which they say helps improve night vision) and a good source of vitamin C. Did I mention, super simple and equally tasty?! What are you waiting for…get cooking!
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Remember, fuel your body with the good stuff (simple whole foods) and reap the long-term rewards.