Soft, moist, fresh and perfect for sandwiches! Here’s my homemade recipe for gluten-free bread that you can actually get excited about.
The consistency of this bread makes it great for slathering butter, homemade jam or your favourite nut butter. Toasted or not, my kids really love this bread.
Whether you are gluten-free or not, no one should have to miss out on the smell of fresh-baked bread in your kitchen. This bread is also dairy free, yeast free, refined sugar-free and soy free!
Gluten Free Sandwich Bread
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp heat stable fat (I actually used duck fat)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk alternative of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp cultured almond yogurt
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- Pre-heat the oven to 350f
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (with longer edges coming up the sides of the pan for easy removal)
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and combine well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Used a spatula to transfer the mixture to the loaf pan. Be careful to keep the parchment paper in place.
- Place on the middle rack of pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack. Once cool enough to handle, remove the loaf (using the parchment paper for ease) and place the loaf directly on the rack until cool.
- Dig in and enjoy with butter, jam or as sliced bread for your favourite sandwich!
Is there anything better than fresh, straight out of the oven bread??
I hope you enjoy!