In many households it’s a tradition to leave out a plate of cookies & a large cup of milk for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.
But is anyone considering that Santa may have food sensitivities or allergies? Better to err on the side of caution to ensure Santa doesn’t have to miss out on enjoying some well deserved treats.
I’d feel really bad if Santa couldn’t indulge.
Here is a recipe that is completely grain, wheat, dairy, soy, egg and refined sugar-free. A perfect holiday treat for me..or for Santa I mean!
The great part about these cookies is you don’t have to go out and buy expensive health food store ingredients or flours. You can actually grind this flour in seconds in any type of blender (I use a Vitamix blender).
These cookies also passed my 4 year old’s cookie test which is no small feat. He can sniff out a sub-par “healthy” cookie a mile away.
- 1 cup shelled raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup milk alternative of choice (I used rice milk)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 350f
- Toss sunflower seeds, walnut pieces, hemp protein powder & chia seeds into your blender
- Turn blender on high and process until mixture resembles a fine flour (do not over blend or you will have a seed & nut butter)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour mixture, coconut flour & baking soda
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine rice milk, maple syrup, nut butter, coconut oil & vanilla extract
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix well and add the chocolate chips
- Using a small cookie scoop or tbsp, drop round balls onto parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes watching carefully not to burn bottoms. I cooked mine the full 20 mins.
- Let cool slightly and carefully transfer to a drying rack
- Let cookies cool completely
Christmas is coming and can you believe there is only 4 shopping days left? Hopefully you can check “Picking up cookies for Santa” off your list!
Bake these babies on Christmas Eve and enjoy some special family time in the kitchen.
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, I hope you enjoy this recipe!