I LOVE making different salads, slaws and veggie hashes with my food processor. (As a side note, if you’re looking for a good food processor then I highly recommend the Breville BFP800XL. I previously used a KitchenAid model and I much prefer this unit!)
Along with my blender, I consider my food processor to be a mandatory appliance that has earned permanent residence on my kitchen counter (prime real estate!). It’s good to know my hand and wrist will not suffer from the never ending chopping, mincing and shredding. Did you know that carpal tunnel is a real risk for cooks?
Here is the recipe for my latest salad experiment using the shredding attachment of the processor. I find shredding the salad greens and veggies really helps my family consume greens in larger amounts without realizing it. Sneaky!
I used shredded greens, carrots and napa cabbage as the base for this salad. We ate it alongside BBQ’d garlic lemon salmon steaks and zucchini and it felt like the perfect accompaniment!
If you don’t own a food processor – don’t sweat as this salad can easily be prepared by hand. Just make make sure you rest those cooking muscles when you have a chance!
Shredded Napa Salad with Bacon & Lemon Dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots*
- 1 1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage*
- 2 tablespoons shredded radicchio*
- 1/2 cup arugula leaves
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3 strips of cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
*I shredded approximately 1/2 a napa cabbage, 1/2 a radicchio and one large carrot. This provided more than enough to complete this recipe with some extra to toss into other recipes.
- Using a food processor (or by hand) shred the carrots, napa cabbage and radicchio. I process separately and place in separate mixing bowls but that is optional.
- Place each processed ingredient into a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Once dried, measure according to recipe and mix together in a large bowl.
- Add the sliced onions, crumbled bacon and set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, sea salt and fresh lemon juice.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!
Until next time,
8 thoughts on “Shredded Napa Salad with Lemon Dressing & Bacon”
This looks AMAZING!!! 🙂
Thanks Joanna! I’ve really been getting into salads recently. I just love all the amazing colours and textures. Did you get a chance to try this one?
Not yet, but I’m going to for sure!! 🙂
I love napa cabbage! This salad sounds out of this world!
Thanks!! I hope you get a chance to try it. I also love napa cabbage and of course the added bacon is always a nice touch 🙂 I appreciate you leaving a comment and hope you come back and visit soon!
this looks amazing, I would love to feature it! Let me know if you get a link back to Allergy Free Wednesday so that I can!
Hi Tessa, that would be great!
do you know what I mean by that, a linkback? I still don’t see one in your post?