I think everyone, would like a healthier, simpler and yummier lifestyle. I know I would!
As a wife and mother of two precious but on-the-go toddlers, my life can be quite hectic! I don’t get much sleep, I am constantly on the move, and normally running around from here to there trying to keep everything together. Sometimes, that can be easier said than done 🙂
No matter how busy my life gets, I keep my goal close to heart, and focus on the food that I provide for my family.
My desire to provide healthy, yummy food for my family along with some nagging digestive issues I have personally dealt with for many years has lead me to the rules I live by:
- Cook with fresh, natural whole foods
- Avoid items at the grocery store with ingredient lists over 5 items (give or take), or mystery ingredients (ie. items I have trouble pronouncing). Pretty much just avoid all processed foods which contain all the yuck!
- Avoid low fat or light items and go for the natural full fat version and consume in moderation
- Consume recommended amounts of healthy fat. I don’t believe in dieting as it is not sustainable
- Most, if not all of my meals are dairy, soy, corn and gluten free
- It’s okay to indulge a little. A square of dark chocolate and red wine…yum! and hello antioxidants 🙂
Over the past 10 years, I have been collecting and tweaking recipes, creating my own recipes that are fast, simple and delicious as well as learning all that I can on natural, heathy and non allergenic whole foods. I have been working through my digestive issues and healing my body with whole foods and the elimination of allergens.
I believe that a whole diet consisting of fresh ingredients and limiting “allergen” foods in general can greatly help anyone feel and live a happier lifestyle as well as maintain a healthy body weight (never dieting).
I hope through my blog, that I can help people looking for a healthier whole food diet or provide assistance to those who are suffering from digestive issues (as I did for so many years) . I look forward to sharing my posts, advice (what works for me!), recipes, and my love of food and happy life moments.