I love the versatility of the Dutch Oven. You can cook on the stove top or in the oven. I love that I can cook anything from a large batch of soup to a whole roasted chicken dinner (including potatoes and veggies!)
One pot, one mess, one incredible meal…count me in!
Dutch ovens can be a somewhat expensive investment, but they are well worth the price tag. I’ve had mine for close to ten years and I use it daily. When you factor in how many cooking hours my pot has already seen and how many more it will still provide for me…the investment seems small and the payoff large!
My dutch oven truly is my go-to pot. Hands down.
I’d like to share a simple “one-dish wonder” meal that can be thrown together in no time and hot out of the oven in 40 minutes flat! Hope you enjoy.
Baked Oregano Chicken Thighs with Sweet Potato, Carrots and Onion
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Herbamare and fresh cracked pepper
The steps are simple and rewarding:
- Preheat oven to 400 f
- Peel carrots & sweet potato and cut into small uniform pieces
- Remove the skin from the onion and cut in half
- Place chicken thighs, carrots, sweet potato and onion into dutch oven
- Pour olive oil and water into dutch oven to coat meat and veggies
- Generously sprinkle oregano over all meat and veggies so that all sides are covered
- Add Herbamare (or sea salt) and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Toss to combine
- Close lid and place in preheated oven
- Cook with lid on for 40 minutes (or until meat is cooked throughout), stirring food after 20 minutes
A great addition: this meal goes fabulously with a side of Roasted Asparagus with Coconut oil, Sea Salt & Fresh Cracked Pepper. The oven is set to the perfect temp…just pop the asparagus in the oven for the last 20 mins and Presto – a nice simple side! The bright green asparagus pairs so well with the vibrant orange of the carrots and sweet potatoes.
Until next time,