Last night, I decided on a simple side of Roasted Asparagus with coconut oil, sea salt & fresh cracked pepper. The outcome was delicious!
My 4-year-old gobbles them up in no time. My 16 month year old follows in his footsteps and loves her “asparagus trees”.
I love Asparagus because they are so simple to serve and are such a great addition to any meal, especially, spring time meals. I’ll take them roasted, steamed or cooked on the BBQ!! I also love that asparagus is full of antioxidants! It’s also a very good source of fiber, folate and other beneficial vitamins.
This recipe in particular is so simple, it requires only 4 ingredients, takes minimal time in the oven and plays on the fresh, intense flavour of the beloved asparagus.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
Herbamare* original or sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
*Herbamare can be found at any local health food store. It’s a great salt substitute consisting of organic herbs & vegetables with aromatic sea salt
The steps are simple and rewarding:
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Wash asparagus well to remove any grit and towel dry
- Lay flat in glass baking dish
- Add coconut oil, Herbamare or sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Place in oven for a couple of minutes to melt coconut oil. Stir asparagus so each spear is coated with the melted oil
- Continue to bake uncovered until desired doneness (approximately 15 minutes for soft), stirring occasionally
This side can be served with a ton of mains…seafood, chicken, pork or tossed into a fresh salad or pasta dish. I paired it with oregano roasted chicken thighs, sweet potato, carrots and onions.
I hope you enjoy today’s simply sides recipe for Roasted Asparagus.
Until next time,