As a mom of two precious toddlers and a devoted wife, I take food prep seriously. I feel a strong sense of responsibility to provide clean food that will help my children grow into strong, healthy individuals. I also want to live a long and healthy life with my husband by my side.
I plan on traveling the world one day, with my husband by my side, drinking wine in Rome, sake in Japan and climbing the hills of Scotland (I should probably start saving now). I need us all to be healthy for years to come!!
Each morning when my babies wake, I see the world in their eyes and all the knowledge they are about to absorb. I take it all in for a few minutes, then go in for a monster hug before heading to the kitchen.
In the spirit of healthy whole foods, I would like to share Coconut Protein Pancakes. Perfect topped with fresh fruit and real maple syrup.
- 1 cup shredded coconut (blitz in the blender for a couple seconds)
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw hemp protein powder (I used Ruth’s Goodness Certified Organic Hemp Protein Powder)
- 4 eggs
- Mix all ingredients into large mixing bowl
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop batter and pour gently into medium hot pan*
- Using back of spoon, pat gently to thin batter out creating a nice round pancake
- Flip when ready, cook until golden and cooked throughout
- Serve with toppings of choice (berries, chopped banana, real maple syrup?! Yum!)
*Optional: add coconut oil to pan
- Dairy free
- Refined sugar free
- Soy free
- Gluten free
- Corn free
- Paleo friendly (use your choice of Paleo friendly protein powder)
Instead of going out for weekend breakfast, I served Coconut Protein Pancakes to my family…they were delighted to dig in. I’m thinking the money saved on breakie out should go into my new future trip fund!
Coconut Protein Pancakes are a great guilt free breakfast option. Enjoy on your own or served to your loved ones.