One way that I make healthy eating enjoyable for my little ones is to make it fun (superhero kinda fun!). It sounds simple and it is simple!!
Every little kid (and most daddies) love superheroes, fantasy worlds and make believe.
Why not create an avocado, spinach, green grape Yoda Smoothie? How about a layered Zebra Smoothie using banana and coconut as one layer with dark purple grapes and cherries as a second layer?
For some reason, Ninja Turtle Ooze Smoothie is far more desirable to a young boy then Spinach Kale Banana Avocado Smoothie. Little does he know, the ingredients for both are the same.
Here is the simple recipe for Protein Papaya Mixed Berry Blast a.k.a Prince Papaya of Berry Land
- 1/2 papaya (seeds removed)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder of choice (I used raw hemp protein powder)
- Frozen berries (optional)
- Place papaya into blender, process on high (first layer)
- Pour first layer into large glass, place aside
- Place the frozen mixed berries, coconut milk, protein powder into blender, process on high (second layer)
- Pour smoothie layers into cup in whichever order you like. Top with frozen berries (optional)
In today’s fast food world, healthy choices become ever more important. Sometimes it can be hard to get your loved ones (or yourself) to choose the healthy option.
The world around us is filled with treats and snacks that are loaded with refined sugars, saturated fats, sodium and preservatives. The food may look inviting from the package but it can wreak havoc in our bodies.
The closer that one keeps to the raw, unprocessed natural state the better. Try a super healthy superhero smoothie on your kids…it works for me!
Until next time!