Does the high price of gluten free or grain free flour keep you from exploring the world of alternative flours?
The cost of gluten free product can be quite prohibitive. Sometimes I feel like you need to win the lottery before embarking down the gluten free isle of the supermarket.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be this way!
With 4 simple steps you can create your own fresh, fluffy almond flour in the comfort of your home. The best part – you can grind your own almond flour with a regular high-powered blender (I use Vitamix). No grain attachment necessary!
Almond flour is my favourite. You can make pancake batter, gluten free bread, cookies, clean desserts and grain free porridge. The options are almost endless!
Almond flour is also a perfect grain-free, Paleo friendly option for anyone with food sensitives to wheat or grain.
4 Simple Steps. Ready, Set, Go, Enjoy!
1) Measure 1 cup of raw or blanched (skin removed) almonds
(Raw almonds will create more of a almond meal while blanched [skin removed] almonds will create more of a finer store bought almond flour. I use raw almonds all the time and I’m always happy with my results. Try both ways to see which you prefer!)
2) Place almonds into your blender. One cup just covers the blades of my Vitamix (next time you won’t have to measure, just eyeball to save time!)
3) Secure the blender lid and place the tamper inside the blender. Turn blender on high for 7 seconds, using tamper if needed (For Vitamix process on High, Speed 10)
4) Done! Pour fresh ground Almond Flour into a container with a tight sealing lid. You will have beautiful, fluffy flour!
In summary, here are the 4 Simple Steps to Making Homemade Almond Flour in your Blender!
- 1 cup almonds*
*As stated above, you will need a high powered blender for this recipe
- Measure 1 cup almonds
- Place almonds into your blender
- Secure the blender lid and place tamper inside blender (use tamper if necessary to get almonds moving)
- Turn blender on high (for Vitamix use High, Speed 10) for 7 seconds, done!
Using your blender to create homemade flour, meal or nut butters can dramatically reduce your weekly food bill. Buying almonds in bulk can even further your savings.
Make pre-milled almond flour/meal a thing of the past. The savings stay right in your pocket!
Until next time,