Cafe lattes are often WAY overpriced and can contain many unhealthy ingredients like artificial syrup, chemical preservatives and refined sugars.
Are you looking for a more economical and healthier version? I certainly was, so I created my own!
With 4 easy steps you can create your own fresh, creamy drinks in the comfort of your home. The best part – you can use real ingredients, actual spices and natural sweeteners to customize your drink.
Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are my favourite. This version uses real pumpkin, spices and creamy coconut milk that takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Pumpkin Spiced “Latte” is also a perfect gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo-friendly drink option for anyone with food sensitivities to wheat, grain or dairy. You can even make it autoimmune protocol friendly by omitting a few optional ingredients.
4 Simple Steps. Ready, Set, Go, Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp mace or nutmeg*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (adjust up or down to your achieve your desired sweetness)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
*Use mace to make this autoimmune protocol friendly
1) Combine all ingredients with the exception of the coconut oil into a medium-sized saucepan and heat over medium until desired temperature.
2) Carefully transfer the liquid to a high-powered blender and add the 1 tbsp coconut oil
3) Blend on high for a few seconds to full incorporate the coconut oil and also create that light, foamy and creamy consistency!
4) Carefully pour into a mug, sprinkle on some cinnamon & Enjoy!
Note: Add desired amount of strong brewed coffee, in 1 tbsp additions, to taste, to make this more traditional and for your caffeine fix! I leave it out because it’s soo good just the way it is!
Pumpkin season is here, enjoy with delicious homemade drinks like Pumpkin Spiced “Latte.” Are you a pumpkin lover like me? Share in the comments below!
Until next time,