Have you ever wondered what to do with that leftover cranberry sauce hanging around in your fridge? Perhaps it’s not the most common thing to ponder but it’s exactly what prompted me to make these babies.
Fluffy and soft with hidden bursts of cranberries and gooey ‘melt-in-your-mouth’ dark chocolate. These are a wonderful grain-free dessert option made with real whole food ingredients. Ladies and gentlemen – feel free to indulge!
As these muffins baked, the scent of cinnamon, cranberries and melting chocolate filled the air. Who needs pricey scented candles? Just bake a batch of these and let yourself be surrounded with their magical aromas!
These are grain free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free so they make a great allergen friendly option.
Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
Yield: 11 muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup grass fed butter, room temp
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup homemade cranberry sauce (I used this recipe) You will want a thick, almost jellied sauce
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Shaved dark chocolate (I used about 1/4 bar)
- Pre-heat oven to 375f and prepare your muffin tin.
- Mix the butter into the sugar and then combine all other wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl containing the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Fold in most of the shaved chocolate, leaving a bit to sprinkle on the tops of your muffins if so desired.
- Place 1/4 cup of muffin batter into each prepared muffin spot. Place tray in the middle rack of oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Eat and be happy!
I think these muffins are a perfect way to use up looming cranberry sauce leftovers.
What’s your take on cranberries and dark chocolate? Let me know in the comments below!