My Kitchen Essentials
I’ll be using this page to keep a list of the products and food that I use in my day-to-day cooking activities. Check back often as this page will be updated frequently!
Kitchen Tools and Products
- Vitamix Blender
I am a huge fan of my Vitamix and consider this blender absolutely essential to my kitchen. Expensive, but worth it!
Vitamix 1363 CIA Professional Series, Platinum
- Vitamix Dry Grain Blade Add On
Very important add-on for the blender that allows you to make those hard-to-find flours. I use mine regularly for gluten free/grain free flours!
Vitamix Eastman Tritan Copolyester 32-Ounce Container with Dry Blade, Lid, and Recipe Book
- Dutch Oven
I have Martha Stewart brand which I have used almost daily for approx. 10 years.
Martha Stewart Enameled Cast Iron 6 qt. Round Casserole
- Lime/Lemon Squeezer
You just get so much more juice with one of these and I like a lot of lime and lemon!
Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (various sizes)
Light Weight Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls – Set of 4
You’ll also want to have these standard kitchen essentials
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Potato Peeler
- Stock Pot
- Salad Spinner
- Measuring Cups and Spoons (Keep these out at eye level if possible)
- Prep Bowls are fun if you have the room to store them
- One Non-Stick Pan (used only for my regular kale omelette, I use stainless steel pans/pots for all other food!
Trying to figure out what to buy and stock your kitchen with each week can be overwhelming.
If you’re (1) new to healthy, clean eating, (2) trying to lower or maintain body weight (3) looking for help creating an allergen friendly kitchen (4) interested in a Paleo friendly diet (items not paleo friendly marked with *)
This is your list!
Below is a look inside my cupboards, fridge, freezer and on my counter.
This gives you a quick glimpse into my diet…simple whole foods-loads of veggies, fresh fruit, dairy free, soy free, grain free (rice being the exception), beans, legumes, lean meats, natural nitrate free bacon (my weekend love affair) and seafood.
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Organic Seasoning Salt Herbamare 8.80 Ounces
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Raw Almonds and/or Almond Meal
- Raw Cashews
- Large array of Spices (favorites include: Oregano, Basil, Margaram, Paprika, Dill, Cayenne, Chili powder, coriander, Cumin, Turmeric, Cinnamon)
- Hemp Protein Powder*
- Dried Red Lentils*
- Brown Rice*
- Dried Split Peas*
- Canned Chickpeas, Beans (Pinto, Black, Kidney etc)*
- Canned Tomatoes
- Raw Honey
- 100% Coconut Milk – 8.5 oz packages (6-pack)
(AROY-D has no additives or perservatives)
- Shredded Unsweeted Coconut and/or Coconut Flour
- Natural Banana Chips
- Seeds and Nuts of choice
- Coconut Milk (Calcium Enriched!)
- Loads of Greens (Favorites include: Kale, Spinach, Salad greens)
- Loads of Fresh Fruit (Favorites include: Strawberries, Blueberries, Oranges, Apples, Kiwi)
- Real Maple Syrup
- Better Than Bouillon Organic Beef Base, Reduced Sodium – 16 oz
- Better Than Bouillon Organic Chicken Base, Reduced Sodium – 16 oz
(Love this brand!)
- Coconut Secret Raw Organic Vegan Coconut Aminos 8 Fl Oz
(Optional! A savory soy, msg and gluten free alternative to soy sauce)
- Fresh Ginger
- Tabasco Sauce
- Fruit Spread (Try for Refined Sugar free, sweetened with fruit juice)
- Nut Butter of choice (Almond is my go to!) Avoid Peanut Butter for Paleo friendly*
- Fresh cilantro or fresh herbs or choice (we make lots of homemade guacamole)
- Whatever meat or fish looks good that week! I always like Chicken, fresh Fish, Nitrate Free Bacon, Shrimp
On my counter:
- Sweet Potatoes or other Root Veggies
- Salt Pig (with Sea Salt)
BlissHome Nigella Lawson’s Living Kitchen Small Salt Pig, Black
Please note: Many of the links on my site are affiliate links. Should you decide to purchase anything, I will receive a small commission. Please let me know if you purchase anything so that I can personally thank you for supporting Simply Whole Foods!