A layered smoothie is beautiful, creative and delicious. But is it a lot of work?
I often get the “it doesn’t look too simple” comment from my hubby when he sees me enjoying one of my layered smoothies. The truth is that they are actually very straightforward and simple.
Please don’t be afraid to give one a try!
Here’s a simple breakdown of the layered smoothie process:
- Have all your ingredients out on your counter for easy access
- Set out two glasses. One will be a temporary home for the first layer you process. The other will be your designated smoothie glass.
- Toss all the ingredients for the first layer into your blender. Process those goodies!
- Pour the mixture into the glass you have designated as the “temporary home” for the first layer.
- Quickly rinse out your blender (this should only take a couple of seconds!)
- Toss the ingredients for layer 2 into your blender, blend away!
- Pour this mixture directly from your blender into your smoothie glass. Pour the other layer (previously poured into your “temporary home” glass) into your smoothie cup
- Alternate layers (in any order) until smoothie cup is full!
- Revel in your smoothie’s beauty!
Practice your new smoothie layering skills with Tropical Nut Butter Bliss Smoothie. This has to be one of my favourite smoothies, hands down! It’s really that good.
- 1 papaya, sliced in half, seeded
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 tbsp Almond Pumpkin Seed butter with Cinnamon, Honey & Cacao or nut butter of choice*
- 1 cup coconut milk
*I highly recommend trying the Almond Pumpkin Seed Butter with Cinnamon, Honey & Cacao…the flavours really add to to the smoothie and contribute to a make a perfect blend. The recipe is also super easy & healthy!
- Process layers separately, rinsing blender in between layers
- Pour layers into glass in any order you like!
- Top with pecans & mulberries (Optional)
- Sprinkle with cacao
- Enjoy immediately
Tropical Nut Butter Bliss has an unbelievable texture! Fluffy and silky smooth all in one sip. Yummy!
Until next time,