Posted at 2:17 pm , on January 17, 2014
A layered smoothie is beautiful, creative and delicious. But is it a lot of work?
I often get the “it doesn’t look too simple” comment from my hubby when he sees me enjoying one of my layered smoothies. The truth is that they are actually very straightforward and simple.
Please don’t be afraid to give one a try!
Here’s a simple breakdown of the layered smoothie process:
- Have all your ingredients out on your counter for easy access
- Set out two glasses. One will be a temporary home for the first layer you process. The other will be your designated smoothie glass.
- Toss all the ingredients for the first layer into your blender. Process those goodies!
- Pour the mixture into the glass you have designated as the “temporary home” for the first layer.
- Quickly rinse out your blender (this should only take a couple of seconds!)
- Toss the ingredients for layer 2 into your blender, blend away!
- Pour this mixture directly from your blender into your smoothie glass. Pour the other layer (previously poured into your “temporary home” glass) into your smoothie cup
- Alternate layers (in any order) until smoothie cup is full!
- Revel in your smoothie’s beauty!
Practice your new smoothie layering skills with Tropical Nut Butter Bliss Smoothie. This has to be one of my favourite smoothies, hands down! It’s really that good. Continue reading
Posted at 5:30 pm , on August 5, 2013
I was relaxing on a sandy beach, with the balmy salt breeze and sunny rays. While listening to the sound of the waves splashing against the seacoast…
In the near distance I see a glass bowl overflowing with luscious, juicy, vibrant berries. I walk towards it…
BUZZZZZ the alarm clock goes off and I’m staring up at my bedroom ceiling.
It was all a dream. A dream that ended one step away from tasting those delicious berries. Don’t you just hate it when a good dream is cut short?
That was when I decided I would depart on a mini-vacation. There would be no passport, packing or destination required for this trip. I would bring the tropics to me. And of course the berries. Continue reading
Posted at 1:45 pm , on May 28, 2013
I love this smoothie. It feels like I’m indulging in a creamy, silky, melt in your mouth chocolate dream. Dessert for breakfast or anytime of the day! The best part is that it’s a nutrition power house. It’s also super simple to make.
The Raw cacao chocolate-banana smoothie is full of yum and healthy ingredients including hemp protein powder, raw cacao, chia seeds and fresh fruit. Continue reading
Posted at 4:53 pm , on May 27, 2013
For the longest time I was intimidated by green smoothies. I’m not sure why, but the process just seemed overwhelming.
I was motivated, recently, by my father-in-law’s new-found love of green smoothies…and so, I found myself also creating, green, clean & simply fresh smoothies!
It feels great to take fresh whole veggies or fruit and turn them into a smooth, creamy cup of nutrition! I actually forget I’m eating raw veggies! The best part about my Gorgeous Creamy Green Smoothie & Carrot, Cucumber, Zucchini Veggie Smoothie is that my whole family loves them. My 16 month year old eats the smoothies with a baby spoon right out of the cup and doesn’t leave a drop behind.
Both smoothies are loaded with veggies and happen to be dairy free, gluten-free and soy free.