This recipe is a lovely version of oatmeal and milk that happens to be dairy free, gluten-free and grain free. It is a perfect hot breakfast for anyone unable to eat traditional oats or just looking for a change.
For even more punch, I’ve added some powerhouse toppings which are both visually appealing and delicious for the tummy!
- High in Vitamin C
- Clears toxin from the body
- Helps slow and prevent cell deterioration
Raw cacao powder
- Powerful source of antioxidants
- One of the best natural sources of magnesium
- Provides essential nutrients like iron
- Boosts the immune system
- Contains Lauric acid (Enhances brain function!)
- Helps digestion
- Lowers cholesterol
- Helps prevent cancer!
Sweet Berries & Almond Porridge
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries (Optional de-thaw ahead of time)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp almond meal
- Cashews, & additional cacao powder, & maple syrup (Optional)
- Mix all ingredients into a large serving bowl
- Microwave or warm on stove top for couple minutes until desired temperature (may only need to be done if your fruit was completely frozen-depending on how hot you like it)
- Top with sprinkled cacao, whole cashews & additional maple syrup to taste (Optional)
A warm bowl of porridge with all the lovely fixings makes an ideal start to any day. It can also serve as a classic mid-day snack and the perfect autumn treat!
Try pairing Sweet Berries & Almond Porridge with a tall glass of homemade almond milk.
Until next time,